Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 2 - Quebec (phase 1)

Being an American, it's hard to fully appreciate the Quebec thing. As best I can tell, they don't like the rest of Canada and want to be totally autonomous. At face value, I'm hip with that. Americans wanted autonomy from England. We wanted our own national identity. Our own country. It would appear that the French in Quebec want the same thing. But herein lies the problem. Having a one country that is totally surrounded by another is a recipe for disaster. It's just a matter of time before the fighting begins. Besides the French in Quebec already have a historical homeland. Isn't it called France? So, on DAY TWO, anyone wanting to leave will be provided a fully funded relocation to France. This could also be a win for France. I bet they'd love to more French move into their country!

Now, I must admit that Day Two is a bit of a gamble. I might have misjudged the whole Quebec thing and I didn't have much time to research it. But an American President needs to make bold decisions. They must be a President of ACTION. And more importantly, they need to have plausible deniability! Using a pre-defined set of action items for your First Hundred Days (see first post) provides an out. You can say the plan was provided to you and was based on the best information available at the time. It's also helpful to use words like Eminent Risk. That always works.


No comments: